Friday, June 19, 2009

breakfast reading

A few days ago the cereal box was left on the butcher block and Sarah, upon seeing the Star Trek characters displayed on the back, said, "Who the heck is that creepy guy on the Corn Flakes box with the weird haircut and pointy ears?"

Way to make me feel old.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, that is a little creepy I must say. I've heard that the movie was good though.

michelle said...

That is too funny! Max was Spock for Halloween a couple of years ago and none of his peers knew who he was. The teachers got a kick out of it, though...

Gena said...

Yeah, we're old but fabulous! And the movie is awesome, but you have to have the action movie gene.

You are always so beautiful and put together! I'm now at the end of my rope with my own inadequacies. In the middle of the school year I opted for ease rather than style. I don't have ball head (and you don't either!) but something worse... long perm!!! Easy to maintain for early morning sub calls and girls camp but hardly stylish. You've inspired me!

Charlotte said...

Not the "Trekkie Treasures" label! I look forward to seeing you use that one again.

Diana said...

That is so very funny. How does someone not know who Spock is?

Jill said...

How bizarre to think of her not knowing who the pointy-eared guy is. I don't even want to think of all the things and people my kids don't or won't know that are such a part of my world.

Denise K. said...

Hi! Just stopping by from LindanJake! I'm a "Denise" too and also live in Colorado, (Longmont) so I wanted to stop in and say, "hello!" LOVE your cute hair cut and will take it to my hairdresser as it is just SO cute! Can't wait to read more of your blog! Smiles, Denise :-)

Bond Girl 007 said...

nahhhhhhhhhhh oh my....what are my kids going to think..... Finally caught up with your blog cute cute pictures and I can't believe your father was working soo hard on the garden! wow....that is good goood good@! hope your mum is doing well too!