Friday, September 4, 2009
Superman: Part II
Remember the Ford Ranger I've been driving--A/C, but little interior cargo space for people and things? Our yearly trip to Provo finally proved just the impetus we needed to get a new car! Well, new to me--a 2004 Chevy Trailblazer. The A/C is awesome, there is LOTS of room, the sound system is great, and all four of the doors open from the inside--imagine that.
We traded Mark's trusty red Ranger in, which means that the Explorer really is "his car" now, lucky man.
Guess who volunteered to drive the girls' 1989 Toyota Corolla (with no A/C) to Provo? You guessed it, Superman, a.k.a. Mark.
And guess which car broke down just past Price on our way to Provo? Right again, the Corolla with 220,000+ miles on it. I suppose it was only a matter of time. Here's the scenic spot where the girls' car took its final, gasping breath.
And who do you suppose had to wait for another hour or so for me to come rescue him on the side of the road? The girls and I had just unloaded our car in Provo when we got the call from Mark telling us of his predicament.
And who do you suppose transferred all of the girls' belongings from the stranded, dead Corolla into the new car--right again, Mark.
And guess who my favorite guy is--you're right, Mark.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


12 comments:
Hooray for Mark!!
Aw, what a man!
Seriously?! What a guy! Driving to Utah with no air conditioning would have been awful, and then sitting on the side of the road waiting for you to come pick him up would have been salt in the wound. He deserves a huge reward for all of this.
I'm so excited for you to have a new car that holds your whole family, has air conditioning, and 4 functioning doors!
Uncle Mark is a stud!
Are you sure there isn't another Sneelock in the family???
Sure looks like one to me.
And, that's a way cute picture of the two of you!
What an ordeal! But at least it makes a great blog post :) (I'm sure he was thinking of that as he sat at the side of the road in the August heat!)
Dad is pretty incredible. To the max. And I love love love that picture of you two. I love it that you love each other. That may be an obvious statement, but I'm lucky to know my parents love each other.
Denise...you DO have a Superman! What a great guy to volunteer to drive with no A/C! Selflessness is a good trait!
So, are the girls car-less now? :(
Wow what a stud! It's so refreshing to hear someone talking nicely about their husband!
Congrats on your new car! Yay!
Mark is a darling man! And aren't you wonderful having your camera around to document? You are my inspiration! At least it's Fall and the a/c won't be an issue for a while!
ps. just got my house back online so I'll be trying to remember to send you those pictures when I get back from UT
Oh, my car troubles, some how when there are superman's around there is a calming factor in it.! Good thing you could come to his aid.!
Post a Comment