Saturday, March 19, 2011

excused absence

Dear Blogger,

Please excuse Denise from her lengthy blogging-world absence. She has been very busy with

and hasn't slept much, due to a lot of late-night

and had to finish the

at the last minute,

all while missing her

very much.

She has had to take a fair bit of

to keep headaches, aches and pains at bay.

She'll resume her (somewhat) regular posting once she finishes the

and gets

and

organized again.

Sincerely,

If the shoe fits, buy it in every color

18 comments:

emily said...

I love that picture of you and Grandma. And I can't wait to help you organize NEXT WEEKEND!!!

Charlotte said...

Excused. To the max.

Diana said...

welcome back!

The costumes look wonderful once again :)

Lee said...

What a power house you are Miss Denise. Glad to hear from you. Miss when you don't blog.
Lisa

paws said...

LOL. Very clever. Was it Anything Goes??

Denise said...

It was The Sound of Music.

Paula said...

When is the performance and a semi-return to normalcy or is it a return to semi-normalcy??

Susan said...

What a clever and stylish way to re-enter the blog-o-sphere!

Being your number one fan...well, after Emily, Charlotte, Jessie, Michelle, Lee, Paws, and so on and so on and so on.....I'm really glad to see you back. I must say I've been checking daily just hoping that that would be the day. So, too cute of a sister, welcome back. Excused.

Claire said...

I think you should also take time to put your feet and relax too!

Jill said...

It's simply amazing that you do this every year!

Linda said...

Welcome back to blogland...you certainly have been missed!

I agree with Claire, I think a nice, relaxing break is in order!

Season and Isabella said...

You are awesome! What a cute post. Welcome back!

Linnea said...

Of course. This is THAT time of year! I forgot. Congratulations on your survival. I would love to take you to lunch (do we dare try dinner?!) for your birthday. When you catch your breath, call me.

michelle said...

If ever there was a good excuse for being absent... I truly don't know how you do it.

Such a cute picture of you and Grandma!

I hope you get some time to just relax soon.

p.s. I got my amazing gift today! Thanks!!

Unknown said...

Welcome back! Now if I could only think of an excuse for the way MY house looks! Those kids are lucky to have such a great costumer.

jt said...

i LOVE that picture of you and Grandma and it gave me a definite pang.
Now, a few questions:
1. How many years have you done the costumes?
2. hard one- estimate the number of articles of clothing you have made. I am really, really curious, and preparing myself to be blown away even though I fully expect it to be incredible.
3. I wish I could hire you as a tutor. That was not a question.
4. What ever will they do when you cannot/will not do the costumes anymore??

jt said...

p.s. How old is your Bernina? Someday, when i am rich and famous (or just rich), I will own a Bernina. Even if it is second-hand.

Denise said...

Jessie--to answer your questions: 1) I have been costuming high school shows for 10 years now.
2) Articles of clothing I have made for shows?! That IS a hard one. Somewhere in the hundreds--no joke.
3) Move here and I will be your tutor.
4) I don't know! As long as my friend Teri continues to do it with me, and as long as we keep the same awesome choir teacher, I'll keep it up.

Regarding my Bernina, I bought it used for $500 almost 20 years ago. It's some of the best money I've ever spent! It's a real work horse--very dependable and sturdy. According to the Bernina guy who services my machines, it's a very desirable model. I love it! (I have often wished it had an odometer on it to see how many "miles" I have sewn.