Saturday, October 29, 2011

money well spent

The circa 1980 stove in my kitchen was probably a low-to-mid-grade model in its day. Thirty years later it's still functional, but leaves a bit to be desired. Today I spent possibly the best $30 ever on new drip pans, greatly improving not only the look but also my morale.


Behold, the old drip pans:


In my defense, the drip pans weren't always this dirty. They have been on a slow but steady decline over the past year or so as I became busier and the stains more difficult to remove--even with heavy-duty cleaning products and lots of elbow grease. Once I got the brilliant idea to simply replace them I quit cleaning them altogether. Smart, eh?


One less scary thing around the house.


3 comments:

michelle said...

I need to do that! I have tried many different cleaners and techniques and mine are still pretty gross.

Jill said...

I have scrubbed our drip pans many times and have taken to covering them in foil. It would be nice to have new ones.

I haven't done any Fall decorating at all. I need a wife!

Unknown said...

The stove I have now has no drip pans! It is a self-contained top entirely made of stainless. Sneelock helps me keep it spotless and I was just commenting the other day that it looks like the day I bought it 10 years ago! (I can't say as much for the interior self-cleaning oven...ugh.)

I've replaced the drip pans several times for others and yes, it is a great moral booster! Good idea.

Jill has the right idea, many of my female clients have "wives"!