Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Christmas: Black-Eyed Susan style!

15 bolts of satin ribbon: $450

30 boxes of fresh greens for outdoor urns: $1,800

1 tube of heavy-duty hand lotion to soothe hands scratched from endless tree primping: $13

1 scary New York Yankees ornament that had to be worked into an otherwise beautiful tree: $9.95

1 early Christmas present--a warm and very stylish scarf from Paris: undisclosed amount of Euros

Dinner on the run (that's Diet Coke, in case you're wondering): $15

60+ work hours in 4 1/2 days spent with my best sister and friend: Priceless.

8 comments:

Jill said...

The scarf is so beautiful!! I'm guessing she didn't get that at one of the souvenir shops!

I can't wrap my mind around $1,800 worth of outdoor greens or $450 worth of ribbon.

I love it that you get to go spend time with Susan doing stuff like this.

Paula said...

I Love your scarf and the decorations are lovely!

Charlotte said...

I think I'm dying over that scarf. Seriously.

Serin said...

I wish I could afford to have you both decorate, not that I'd actually *spend* that much, I'd just want to be able to afford it. Lol

cute scarf!

emily said...

I actually gasped when I saw the scarf. So so so cute.

I'm so glad that you were able to spend time with Susan! Sisters are wonderful.

michelle said...

NOT that NY Yankees ornament!! Yikes.

That giant jar filled with Christmas m&ms made my heart sing...

Oh man, I wish I had gotten one of those scarves!

Diana said...

What a beautiful scarf. I love the friendship you share with Susan.

Susan said...

Man, why oh why didn't I see this earlier? ( guess the 61 hours in 4.5 days tells the story, it only continued after you left!). I would have and still may just post this on my blog. I have really been defunct in the blogging the past few months....

so cute!