Tuesday, November 17, 2009

'tis the season

This year I have two friend "clients" for whom I did Christmas set-ups. I'm almost finished, except for a little accessorizing at both places, and now I'm faced with the piles of Rubbermaid bins stacked in my own dining room.

Part of me has been energized by the creativity of setting up Christmas for other people, and the other part--unfortunately the dominate, aching back, and very tired part of me tonight--perishes the thought of having to primp more garland and trees with my pricked and sore fingertips.

Hooray for Charlotte and Emily's imminent arrival, because when it comes to Rubbermaid bins, it's always best to have a buddy or two in your back pocket.

13 comments:

Miranda said...

Aaaaaaand your hair is to die for.

Charlotte said...

Love love love the hair.

3 DAYS!!!!!!

Claire said...

I also love your hair!

paws said...

I concur. I very good hair day indeed.

Susan said...

Sounds like you're getting some good practice for the week to come at Black-eyed Susan!!

Way cute hair...we have the same color!! I love the cut. See you soon.

Serin said...

Guess I'm not the only one that was going to comment on your hair! Lol

I could use a Christmas kick in the pants, I'm feeling rather bah humbug about it at the moment

Jill said...

I didn't know you did that sort of thing for local clients, that's pretty cool. I have no idea how Susan has the patience and energy to do that, I'm glad to see the more human side of things...though you still look gorgeous and stylish as always.

Linda said...

Ditto regarding your hair!

Good luck with your decorating! It really is a chore isn't it!?! While I truly do enjoy it, it's ALOT of work!

We head home from vacation tomorrow, and it's a good thing cause I need to get busy myself!

michelle said...

Not you doing Christmas set-ups, too! It's about all I can do just to get my own decs up. And this year is bumming me out, because we don't even get home until December 7th....

Your hair is darling! Mine is really really not.

emily said...

Haha. The first thing I thought was "Man, I love love love her hair!" I'm clearly not the only one. And I can't to help you tackle the bin mountain! (As long as there is Coke Zero involved.)

Lee said...

Yikes, I know the feeling. I did a set up with Susan last week and I thought, What the heck am I doing? As I was hanging over some nasty woman's staircase risking my life to primp garland.
Can't wait to see you when you come. I'm going to do the Yardley Inn with you. We will have fun.
Yes I love the hair alot. You look Beautiful!
God bless, see ya Monday. Lee

Diana said...

I'd love to have you come over and decorate my house for the holidays. You have such style.
How was your Thanksgiving?

Gena said...

I can't think of anyone else I'd love to have set up my Christmas. And "the first set of tops"? Whoa. Love you!