1) This is the laundry pile that greeted me this morning. My dryer can't quite keep up with the washer, so the entire process takes a bit longer. Now it's 7 p.m. and I'm not quite half-way through it (all of the white fluffy stuff on the floor is costume laundry from the show--yes, I realize the show closed over six weeks ago).

2) Sarah has another sore throat, not sure if it's strep, but I think her tonsils are going to have to come out. She has been getting sick about once every month or six weeks. This is the pile of Puffs left in her wake. I can't seem to convince her that she can use each tissue for more than one wipe of the nose.

3) We took the car in today for a pre-road-trip diagnostic check. Mark says it runs sluggish when accelerating. I think only men (at least in my family) can hear car noises; as long as it starts and the A/C works, I think everything's fine. It turns out it needs new spark plugs and the fuel lines flushed. Who knew?

I like our local mechanic, Dustin. He owns the Lube and Latte.

4) John went on a Boy Scout camp out last night. They hiked into the campsite with all of their gear. This is John before he left on Friday afternoon (note Sarah's paper chain bedroom door curtain in the background--her own design):

And this is where his stuff got dropped this afternoon before he crashed for a nap on his bed:

5) I savored the last piece of my birthday cake (it had been patiently waiting for me in the freezer) which was a little more emotional than usual since it was the last cake my mother ever made. If I had known that when I had written the description on the Ziplock bag I certainly would not have added the exclamation point!

6) My dad generously took us all to Red Robin for dinner tonight. He and Mom used to like to go there for fish and chips regularly. They would always share an order, finding it to be just the right amount.
10 comments:
Ha! I laugh every time I pass the Lube and latte. I mean, are the lattes really any good? Oh wait... I guess it doesn't matter.
My dryer can't keep up with the washer, either. It's extremely annoying.
Lucas and Eva do exactly the same thing with tissues. One wipe, and the largely unused tissue is disposed of. Piles and piles of tissues.
I'm with you – if the car starts and the A/C works, it's good. But I do take it in before a long road trip, because I am clueless about cars.
Our Scouts went on a trip to Goblin Valley last night, but Max opted out. I think it was too soon after another recent campout for him. I certainly can't blame him.
That's the saddest piece of cake in the world!
So cute of Grandpa to take you to Red Robin. So cute of you to share his fish and chips. Sniff.
When we passed Lube and Latte last time we were there I thought it sounded so gross- Though, I think the word 'lube' adds an element of ickiness to anything. We have a Quaker Steak & Lube 'restaurant' that I've always thought unsavory.
Cake, sad. Sweet.
Fish & Chips, sadder. Sweeter.
Imagine if Michelle's kids had to have something taken out (body part) because they got sick every 4-6 weeks. What would be left?
Oh, and I agree: running, a/c, good. ALthough I would add the absence of public staring-attracting noises a bonus too.
I love that last photo. Rob and I and my sons took my mom to TGI Fridays which my dad loved and we sat together but throughout the entire meal we looked around and smiled and felt so lost without my dad sitting next to us. I know its hard, so hard right? I pray for you. God bless your dad. Lisa
I know a girl who had 2 dryers in her laundry room in order to keep up with her washer. I thought that was crazy at the time, but now I can see the beauty of it.
Kids and tissues are a bane! Whitney wads her up (which I appreciate) but then leaves them all over...gross!
Lube and latte sounds like a charming place. I always like to have the car looked at before a road trip just to give me peace of mind.
Landon and Randy are going on a scout campout next weekend and will be looking very much like John.
How brilliant that you froze the last piece of your birthday cake! I can imagine how emotional eating that must have been.
How is your dad holding up??
I have to add my shout out for Lube and Latte. The name may be silly but they place is awesome and they are always busy!
Your Red Robin story made me sad, but in a happy way.
I just stumbled upon your blog from Lindanjake. I lost my mother in February. I have pictures of my mom and I holding hands while she was in the hospital much like yours. I was so touched by your post, it was a hard one to write I know. I can only imagine how it felt eating that piece of cake. Your mother was a beautiful lady! I know what you are going through right now.
Red Robin is such a sweet way to end your busy day.
Tell your dad that if and when I am ever back in Denver I will take him out for fish and chips. I love, love, love Red Robin's recipe!
Hugs to you Denise. I love you!
A little teary for the end of a busy day... I have those quite often.
So glad you could share Daddy's dinner. I'm sure he was happy that you did too. I've always thought that you were the next best thing to mom. Could you move closer, please? Can we start fasting on Sundays? I can be a menu planner...
Love you.
Post a Comment