This has been perhaps the busiest summer of my life, what with Charlotte's wedding plans, work (not to mention searching for new work), and Relief Society--and don't forget all of those pesky table cloths I still need to iron. Of all things, I never would have imagined that I could have found time to be part of a singing group--good grief, I don't even have time for Ward Choir!
But a couple of months ago my friends convinced me to join them in a small group made up of Wheat Ridge High School graduates. We were all--at one time or another--members of the show choir there. We've been practicing once a week, and last night we had our first "gig."
Mark asked why I stood on the "men's side." It's because I sing tenor.

I still wonder how I've found the time to do this, but I've identified that the whole experience has been like therapy for me. For those two or three hours that we rehearse each week I completely forget about everything else. It's like going to a really good movie where you don't think once about the overwhelming To-Do list waiting at home on the kitchen table.

Really, these are some of the nicest friends I have the pleasure of knowing. And it's a whole lot cheaper than professional therapy.


11 comments:
Okay so when can I buy the CD? I would like a signed copy please. Totally serious.
PS. You totally look like a rock star too.
Hooray for cheap and effective therapy!
I love it! Your "therapy" came right at the right time for you.
I hope you post a video on here soon of your group performing.
That is so cool! I remember once upon a time when you did have time for Ward Choir I LOVED having the extra Tenor in disguise. (Randy loved it too I am sure since I made him sing Tenor as well!) Glad you are getting some Therapy. I need to find myself some cheap fun therapy..but then I would need to have time for that too! :D You ROCK!
It sure looks like fun...but I guess they didn't get the memo on "dark wash"...tee hee.
Therapy is good. I need to get some.
Singing is one of the best forms of therapy I know. I'm glad you are doing this, singing with a good group is SO much fun!
And I love these pictures of you, you are just stunningly beautiful.
This makes my heart happy!
You look so great in these pics Denise! I think i would die if I saw a photo of me singing, although I do love to sing and wish I had a group.
this is sooo cool and fun! wow....I have a bit of a rock star in me....a la tina turner...
You're the cutest tenor I've ever seen!
I'm so glad you are able to squeeze in something you love so much into your very busy life!
Post a Comment