I think I'll tell people I got in a knife fight or something--anything more glamorous than black beans.
Tuesday, September 21, 2010
in the line of duty
While opening a can of black beans for dinner I managed to slice my finger open and bleed profusely. Two hours, a $20 copay, and seven stitches later I have this fashion statement to show for it:
I think I'll tell people I got in a knife fight or something--anything more glamorous than black beans.
I think I'll tell people I got in a knife fight or something--anything more glamorous than black beans.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


13 comments:
Oh - I'm so sorry!
It reminds me of when I fell of the neighbor's steps and ended up in a splint! Such grace.
oh no! Anything but black beans!
I kind of wanted to tell people that I sprained my foot in a more exciting fashion than just falling down the stairs...
Yikes!
It reminds me of the time I sliced off the tip of my finger on a mandolin. (I'm sure you remember the lovely pic on my blog...)
We no longer own a mandolin. Clearly, I was not qualified to operate one.
When will all those knife fighting hooligans out side of the Wheat Ridge King Supers ever learn that you're the best knife fighter around?
Oh dee, I am concerned about the cut and the stitches...and I must admit that I have some concern about seeing your backdrop, for it is the $300.00yd fabric that belongs to my client!! Of course, I know that it must be a scrap!
It does look like a detriment to the vanity gene for sure.
Those cans can be seriously dangerous! Glad you are okay...too bad they couldn't give you a more fashionable color choice for the bandage. :D
I don't know how many knife-fighters take the care to pose bandage photos on backdrops of designer fabric.
Missing you. :)
Sorry- when I was pregnant with FIona I stabbed myself in the hand with a Cutco knife and had an even bigger gauze bandage than that. :p
I can't believe that you neglected this important piece of information amidst all of our texting yesterday.
Do you need help with anything???
I hope you heal quickly. So sorry to hear about your finger. Hope to see you when you come to work with Susan.
p.s. I quite enjoy seeing Grandma's ring on your hand.
ohhh dear, that is a really nice fabric....hopefullly it will be done and fixed by the wedding...7 stitches???? ohhhh the pain and the hurt? well, I am a fan of black beans....at least is the left hand......hope you get better, love love love the red polish...what color is it?
But your nails look fabulous!
Post a Comment