Friday, August 26, 2011

just when you thought I'd forgotten about Blogger

Never mind that it has been three months since my last post. Never mind that I don't even know where to start to "catch up" so I don't think I'll even try. Never mind that this summer passed in a blur more quickly than any other in recent memory. Never mind that I should be folding laundry right now. Just never mind a lot of things.

Here are a few random highlights from the past three months, in no particular order.

For those of you who follow me on Pinterest, I finally chose a dress pattern to make for my 30th high school reunion in June:

And speaking of my reunion, I had a great time spending time with my best high school buds (and our beautiful daughters) shown here at InTea, a way-cool tea shop owned and operated by my friend Carole:
We spent a number of summer evenings watching Sarah's team, the Mustangs, play softball.

We loved having Josh and Charlotte come over the Fourth of July weekend!
We love hiding stupid things around the house for each other to find, the latest of which is a creepy plastic lobster that John managed to sneak home from youth conference. You never know where that thing will turn up next!

Mark gave us a scare when re-lighting the pilot light on our dinosaur-aged furnace. A mild explosion left him with bad burns on his hand, a hairline 1/2" shorter, and little-to-no eyebrows. (This photo was taken after his hand had healed considerably.) Hooray for hot showers, though!



Participated in my first-ever graffiti mission (or perhaps I should say anti-graffiti), spraying over an obscene gesture that Emily and I found distasteful on a dumpster in our neighborhood. It just goes to show you that matte black spray paint isn't just for old lamps and picture frames.

I finally got around to defrosting my dinosaur-aged 2nd (garage) refrigerator freezer.


We ate numerous times at Senor Burrito, our favorite local Mexican spot, for dinner--courtesy of my Dad.

I loved having Emily home for the summer and was sad when it was time for her return to Provo. We had a fun trip together, though, in her new car (I flew home after a brief day-and-a-half stay).

Loved seeing Michelle!
I completed my mormon.org profile.

I cut my hair, working toward some sort of bob 'do (see another one of my Pinterest boards). A work in progress.



I took John to have his senior pictures taken (sorry--no link available; I'll post them after I purchase the copyright to the ones I like best). I'm still wondering how John can possibly be a senior in high school already.

And how is it that Sarah skipped the gawky seventh grade phase altogether? This is her first-day-of-school picture, as an official seventh grader:

And there you have it:  my (mostly) complete, and (somewhat) comprehensive review of Summer 2011. Here's to better blogging in the Fall. . . .

7 comments:

emily said...

I love this recap! And I loved this summer. It's nice to look back on a full review and remember how much happened and how much we did.

I love you!

Charlotte said...

I love this post!

I didn't realize how injured Dad was after the blast! Heavens.

I laughed out loud at seeing that stupid lobster.

I love love love your graffiting.

I love the pictures of the family.

Sarah looks so grown up!

Love all of this. Love you.

Lee said...

Yeah we missed you! Wonderful blog. You look lovely singing in that dress. But you always do.
Can you believe the summer is almost done!

michelle said...

Your dress for the reunion is gorgeous! Beautiful fabric and a great pattern.

Cool softball photo!

That lobster made me laugh out loud.

Yikes on Mark surviving the explosion!

Yum on Senor Burrito. I'm jealous.

I don't know how John could be a senior and I have no idea how Sarah could have skipped the awkward phase. She is beautiful!

Claire said...

You have had a busy summer! Hopefully things will slow down at least a little in the fall!

Gena said...

I forget to post so much I think all my blog has been in ages is recaps! Yours was lovely to read. At least you're remembering to take pictures!

Unknown said...

What a surprise to see a real post update!

I loved the recap and all the family photos. Good thing you were documenting as you went. I have many many to catch up on too..when? Who knows!

Cutest reunion sister ever.

Sarah does look too grown up and I'm resigned to her being taller than I...

Jealous indeed of Senior Burritos...

Looking forward to more fall blog posts.

Somehow, due to Bendom, totally missed Charlotte's birthday. Ugh.