This is our fifth summer in this house and every year I dread the season more. Can you blame me, when this was the average summer's day reading on the digital thermostat of my main floor hallway?
Saturday, August 1, 2009
A/C = happy mom
I can't let the summer pass without blogging about the best thing to happen in my house in a long time: WE FINALLY GOT AN AIR CONDITIONER!
This is our fifth summer in this house and every year I dread the season more. Can you blame me, when this was the average summer's day reading on the digital thermostat of my main floor hallway?
I was skeptical when Mark told me that this one little window unit (which doesn't even look that ghetto) would cool most of the upstairs rooms of the house.

Believe it or not, it does! Look at that same wall thermostat now:
I can't believe what a difference this one little window unit has made--not just in the temperature of our house, but in the mood as well. AWESOME. That's just about all I can say. AWESOME.
This is our fifth summer in this house and every year I dread the season more. Can you blame me, when this was the average summer's day reading on the digital thermostat of my main floor hallway?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


12 comments:
We bought one of those when we were in our rental house because I was 9 months pregnant in June. 'Nuff said. lol
I bet you're thinking, "Why on earth didn't we do this sooner?" I would never survive without A/C, here nor there.
Awesome. To the max.
Woohoo, I'm so happy for you!! I don't even want to think about the beast I would be if my house didn't have air conditioning.
I am also SO happy for you. We invested in A/C last summer, but found out that we needed a new electrical panel to complete the install. So, $1200 later (on top of the A/C cost) we are finally ready to complete the job. I can't wait!!I might actually cook dinner for my family again!
Hooray!! I'm so excited for you! Like Jill, I just can't imagine how miserable and irritable I would be with no A/C.
I remember days of having air conditioning in the house but not being able to use it at certain times during the summer because of the A/C natzi living with us.
Congratulations!
horray! I felt bad for you and your cute family all last summer being without ac.
Hey, it doesn't look ghetto at all and, I can attest, it does work! Yea for modern technology! Can you imagine this heat for our ancestors? Long underwear? Corsets? Petticoats? Button up boots? No deoderant? Bleh!
Hey Denise,
Make sure you go to bed bath and beyond and get yourself matching napkins for your bathroom to match your curtain. I did. I have them by my sink. They are fun. Let me know if you don't find them I'll pick you up some. Lee
oh, this sounds like heaven! I can't fathom a hot house! I rather go out and to the mall, movies or something!
Post a Comment