Monday, August 10, 2009

all dogs go to heaven

Or at least I hope so, so Bella can share Moosey with us in the eternities. Ever since we adopted Moosey from Jessie a little over one year ago, Bella has apparently talked about wanting to "send us a different dog." Really, can you blame her?

When Bella first arrived in Denver she couldn't wait to come to our house to be reunited with her long-lost pet. In fact, Jessie and I worried a bit that when it was time for them to return to Utah Bella might not take kindly to being parted from Moosey once again.

We were running late when it was time to go to the airport (and of course we had forgotten to take pictures of Bella and Moosey earlier in the week). We soon realized that Bella would probably not get on the plane unless she could properly say goodbye to Moosey.

Of course, trying to get everyone to cooperate for a group portrait was a little taxing, especially under the hurried conditions. Thankfully, Jessie used her dog-whisperer ways to coax Moosey into these family shots.

Bella was not as anxious to pose for a SP with her Great Aunt Denise.

Thankfully, others were more cooperative.

We miss you, Jessie! (And I'll send that CD of photos just as soon as I can find one on which to copy them . . . .)

8 comments:

michelle said...

Yes, Bella talks a lot about Moosey! I imagine that was great fun for her to see "her" dog again. It's so funny to me that she's already planning on spending time with her in heaven.

Who wouldn't want to be in a self-portrait with you? Oh wait, maybe if only to avoid comparison as you are so beautiful.

Jill said...

Did Moosey greet them happily or is he holding a grudge?

It's great that Bella got to be reunited with Moosey for a few days, maybe she'll have some closure now.

paws said...

Moosey looks smaller than I thought he/she was.

Denise said...

Jill, Moosey would never hold a grudge! She was so excited to see Jessie, it was really cute and very apparent that she had not forgotten her.

Susan said...

Thanks! I was really hoping for a documentation of the reunion!!

Both Moosey and Bella are too cute for words, Adding the rest of you into the picture just completes the view!

Bond Girl 007 said...

cute family!

Gena said...

Rushed or not, those were adorable pictures! Charlie was pampered and spoiled within an inch of his life when we were in NM! I think he gained 5 pounds. Richard and Sherri were thrilled to get to go back to AZ and report that Charlie is happy, healthy and loves us very much.

Marianne said...

Too cute!