My father, an engineer by trade and a handyman at heart, has always harbored a penchant for gadgets and gizmo's. At the age of ninety he has a GPS system built into his car, a recently-acquired iPhone, and an active FaceBook account.
Given that kind of Cool Factor and street cred, it's really no surprise that he would show up one day with bling on his front tooth:
Well, okay--it's really just a chip in his crown, but Dad got such a kick out the young man who asked him (with some degree of awe-struck admiration) if he had a diamond in his tooth, that I just had to document it before we went to the dentist's office this morning to have it fixed.Thanks to the wonders of modern dentistry (and to our really kind dentist/friend) the new crown will be in ready and in place in time for Charlotte's wedding in just three weeks. Although, now that I think of it, maybe it would have been sweet to have a bit of bling for the festivities.



11 comments:
I love this post! Mostly, I love you and Grandpa. He's so cool. And you are wonderful!
What an adorable post Denise...your Dad is just darling!
It seriously looks like a diamond! How funny!
No way! This is hilarious. I love Grandpa and his sense of humor. I wonder how many people can say that their grandpas are on facebook and have an iphone?
You go, Dad!! When I first opened your post, I just could not imagine what in the world that was! Oh, dee!
And when did Dad get an Iphone?! Now that's a nice gadget.
Our Dad is one cool dude.
Hmmm. I left a comment on this yesterday. . . .
Anyway, I love this. I think that the diamond tooth would really be fun for the wedding. Just mull it over. You'll agree.
ohhh my! now that is an avant guard nono! sooo coool with his hat. Funny the comment about the wedding and the bling bling.....
That is the funniest picture ever. I seriously thought it was bling and wondered if it was some kind of stick-on as a joke? Maybe that is an untapped market- removable teeth bling. they have those fake grills, you know? Or maybe you don't...
Wow, an iphone AND tooth bling, he is really something!
Who would have thought that my sweet 90 year old grandfather would have such stylish bling?
Now to get me some....
Bishop Petersen with bling! Love it!
I'm just glad to have another post in the "real men can wear glitter" category!
Post a Comment