My feet are killing me, but what a fantastically fun birthday celebration we had for Charlotte today! We (meaning Charlotte, Emily, my mom, and I) went shopping for the better part of the day; Charlotte received money for her birthday to shop for a new fall wardrobe. I have no doubt she'll post more about this. The four of us made quite a dynamic team as we scanned the racks and pulled things for her to try on. It's fun to shop with someone who looks good in everything she tries on--well, perhap everything except this scary 70's hippie dress Emily brought into the dressing room. . . .
In Emily's defense, it was one of those dresses that looked slightly better on the hanger.
My favorite part of any Wood birthday celebration has become our tradition of going around the dinner table after we're finished eating--but before we have cake--sharing our favorite memory, character trait, etc. about the birthday person. After everyone has shared what they like best, the birthday girl (in tonight's case) has to state what she likes best about herself. I love what Charlotte said about herself: "I like that I have faith, and that I know Heavenly Father knows me and has a plan for me--even when I don't always know what that plan might be."
I have also started a tradition this year of making a "10 Things I Love About You" album for each of my children on their birthdays. I love making these albums because I have found that magnifying another's strengths increases my love for that person.
Happy 21st Birthday Charotte! I love you.


6 comments:
Denise, I'm so glad you're blogging!!
Happy Birthday to your sweet and beautiful Charlotte! I love what she said about her favorite thing about herself, what a great thing to know at age 21.
I love the idea of making a 10 things I love about you album for a birthday, that would be a priceless gift.
What a great new tradition! I love what you said about magnifying another's strengths -- so true.
I would love to go shopping with you four, what a dynamic four-some you make. And how amazing it is that Charlotte knows such important things at her young age -- what a gift Charlotte has given you.
Happy Birthday to Charlotte. I really love your tradition of sharing the traits of the birthday kid. I am going to start that in our family.
Your shopping day sounds fun, what a good group of shoppers.
I'd love to see in more detail the book you made Charlotte that's so thoughtful.
PS you don't look anywhere old enough to be the mom of a 21 year old!
I had such an amazing birthday, made possible mostly to you. You're amazing. I love the 10-things album and will read it often and I love it that you are my mom and that I am so incredibly blessed to be in this family. Thanks for making 21 such a stellar birthday :) Love you :)
I wish I could have been there for the shopping marathon! I've been on a "shopping fast" (as named by my sister, Patricia years ago!)
Sounds like Charlotte had a fun day and 21 is very important! I'm happy to hear that a great day was had by all.
I love Charlotte and it's hard to believe that that small child that I can vividly recall having a screaming tantrum over not wanting to wear a certain pair of shoes, is now of age!! Congradulations!
Ok, could the two of you be more beautiful?! I love your family birthday traditions!!
Post a Comment