Wednesday, August 20, 2008

jumping in with both feet

Deep breath--here goes! After daily inspiration by celebrity bloggers like my nieces Jessie and Michelle and friend Jill (my claim to fame is that I actually vacationed with her once), as well as goading by my daughters Charlotte and Emily, I'm finally doing it. I'm starting my very own blog.


I admit to a little foot-dragging, as I'm concerned about adding one more thing to my seemingly endless list of things I want to do (and don't always get done). But a recent post by one of the above-mentioned blogging divas has inspired me to do it for me. I realized that I don't have to worry about how often I post, or whether or not anyone reads it, or what they think. I also realized that it may help ease the sadness in having my two oldest kids leave for college (they are probably the two main people who will read my blog).


So for what it's worth--here goes! I'm jumping into the blogging world with both feet (in cute shoes, of course).

7 comments:

charlotte said...

First comment ever: I believe in you!! Photos, links--you've got it down! Yay for blogging :)

Paula said...

I'm so happy! I love you and your writing. Besides, we need SOME way to keep in touch we still haven't celebrated our 2007 birthdays :)

Serin said...

Yee haw! Another fun blog to add to my list!

I love the title! :)

emily said...

Hooray for Mom! I too love you and your writing, and am so excited to be able to keep up you when I'm away. Love you!

Jill said...

Yippee! I'm so excited that you're taking the plunge. I think you're going to love it and won't mind squeezing it into your day because it will provide connections and therapy that will end up making a positive difference for you.

You're already great for writing this sentence..."I'm jumping into the blogging world with both feet (in cute shoes, of course)."

Diana said...

Welcome to the blogging world. I love your daughters and your nieces!

michelle said...

Hooray, hooray! I've been waiting for this day! Way to start with a darling banner and spot-on profile paragraph. Good things do indeed come to those who wait.