The countdown really began last weekend when Emily had her senior piano recital. Mark's Dad came all the way from Cardston, Alberta for the Friday evening event and it we had an enjoyable weekend.
This photo with Emily's good friend and piano teacher, Mrs. Duckworth, was taken after the recital in the Relief Society room, where we had a homemade cake buffet following Emily's performance in the chapel.Today was to have been our last time at church together (listen to me, as if we'll never be in church together again--Thanksgiving isn't that far away!) but Charlotte, Sarah, and I stayed home with a nasty head cold. I rarely stay home from church, but admit that the extra sleep has already made me feel better. Perhaps it was for the best, as I may have gotten weepy; Emily is one of our ward organists/choristers and it probably would have made me blue to see her at the organ today.
This afternoon we're planning on having the annual back-to-school father's blessings--at once both comforting and sad. I am grateful, however, to send my kids out into the world with the strength of their father's priesthood behind them.
Both girls have had their last days of summer employment, so this week will be a week of packing. I confess that one thing I will not miss is the growing piles of stuff the girls are accumulating throughout the house.
Monday will be our last Family Home Evening together for a while and we've invited a cute couple who used to be in our ward over for a game night. Tuesday will be another fun "last," as we go shopping together on Charlotte's 21st birthday. Wednesday will be our last family dinner together with Grandma and Grandpa.
And Thursday morning we leave--bright and early--for Provo.


10 comments:
Sometimes I have to take a deep breath to keep myself calm when thinking about all the lasts coming up. We can do it! Soon, we will have new and exciting firsts to share. I look forward to learning from them and growing personally and spiritually through them.
I'm sorry to have missed Emily's recital :(
I do hope yu will have time to come and see us - unless we're on our way back home (I'm never quite sure of our schedule!) Call me on my cell - it's pretty much a failsafe way to get a hold of me.
I mean "you" :)
Oh, the days will pass much to quickly for my liking.
That does not sound like a fun countdown! What a change this represents for all of you... I hope this last week is everything you hope it will be.
A week of lasts definitely sounds sad. You have done such a great job with your beautiful family though, that all the firsts coming up have got to be rewarding!
I'm counting on it being better than it sounds! As mothers this is one those times when we wonder, "How did I get these wonderful children"?!
Those are some darling girls. You'll be fine.
What size are those shoes, anyway?
.......mother, Susan, whatever....I'm still learning!
Hope your last week together was as great as anticipated. Let your girls now they can count on me for anything they need when they're in Provo even if it's just hanging out at a roommate free zone :)
I'd love to hear Emily play the piano. I play too but here Emily is something special. I'll have to invite her over to play on my piano.
Just stopping by via Jill...hope you don't mind.
I had to leave a comment because I'm right there with you on this college thing. We dropped our daughter off at Arizona State just this last week. My daughter is a sophmore at ASU.
How can we be so very proud of our children and yet so very sad at the same time!?! I'm just a ball of emotions and sure you feel the same way. And you have 2 leaving!
It sounds like you're there in Utah now. I'll think of you and keep you in my prayers. Take care and hope to talk to you soon.
Post a Comment