Tuesday, March 17, 2009

sure sign of spring

Beautiful is not the word I would ever use to describe my home's landscaping. Every spring, however, there are a few tenacious daffodils and hyacinths that manage to make a brief but cheerful appearance along my front walkway.


I noticed them for the first time last week. Welcome, Spring!

5 comments:

Serin said...

I am SO ready for Spring! I think my Mom's house still has tulips that pop up in the back yard even after that area was driven over with construction equipment!

Jill said...

We've got crocuses in bloom right now, so they're very cheery looking and making me think spring is really coming. I haven't seen any daffodils around yet though, maybe next week.

michelle said...

I saw some daffodils yesterday when I picked Eva up from preschool! Such a happy harbinger of spring. I really need to plant some, since they are one of the first things to show themselves.

Susan said...

I love daffodils! WE have some real fake ones at the store! Or I take that back....not that I think of it, we did have some!

All over the grounds of the designer house are thousands of tiny yellow buttercups peeking up. They are so engaging. I keep wanting to scoup up a patch to plant in my yard! I might just have to do that...

Diana said...

I love the Spring!