Moosey: Cutest dog created by the hand of God. We love her and can't imagine our family without her. Sarah, unbeknownst to me, snapped this photo of her and I was delighted to find it on my camera.
Sunday, February 22, 2009
February: illustrated Cliff Notes edition
The month is passing quickly, and although I don't have much time to write--and won't have much time for two more weeks (until the musical is over)--I wanted to post a few photos for documentation purposes.
One tradition we enjoy during costuming season is keeping a stash of treats to share with the kids at the high school. My friend Teri and I especially like Circus Peanuts (you either love 'em or hate 'em). She found an on-line source and presented me with a 5 pound basketful! To make things even better, they're individually wrapped, which makes for better hygiene when sharing with a cast of 50.
My sewing area, which is really an extension of my family room, is a crazy mess at present. I've been just throwing larger scraps on the floor to be gathered and sorted later. Moosey has taken a liking to burrowing in the glittery scraps to chew on her Nylabone.
And speaking of messes, my house is getting so dirty I'm about to lose my mind! A few weeks ago I set the can of Pledge on the piano to remind me to take a moment to dust it. You can see how well that plan worked.
I could not let the month go by without paying tribute to this man, Jerry Hendrix (a member of my stake), who kindly spent four hours at our house replacing some sort of valve attached to our furnace/boiler that regulates the flow of hot water. Now, after a few months of hasty, tepid showers, I can finally enjoy longer, very hot showers! Thanks, Jerry. You're my hero.
Yes, it's another picture of Moosey. This time to document that, despite the hectic schedule around here, we took time to give her a much-needed brushing and bath. She doesn't like the process too well, but endures it patiently.
One of the best things happening around here is Mark's project: painting John's room. I have always been the chief painter in the family, but because we promised a room re-do for John's birthday last month and I have since been sucked into the costuming vortex, Mark has taken on the project single-handedly. I think he is secretly enjoying the project, though he did comment the other day, "You've always done the taping, haven't you. . . ." I could get used to just selecting the paint color and never having to actually paint again! I'll give a full before-during-after post next month sometime.
Last, but not least, I just couldn't resist sharing the zombie pose my mother insisted on striking in her hospital bed. It just doesn't quite convey the frail mother image I was going for, but I love that she can keep her sense of humor in the face of adversity!
In cataloging my recent photos, I realized that I haven't been taking many SPs of late. I'll try to remember to take a few this week, along with the costumes. We start dress rehearsals on Tuesday, and although it's a long, tiring haul, it's rewarding to finally see our efforts on the kids and under the lights. Wish me luck as I round the home stretch!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


14 comments:
Cutest. Dog. Ever.
Ever.
And not Grandma's zombie hands!
Good luck with dress rehearsals! Hope everything goes well! You should definitely document for those of us who are not fortunate anough to experience it first-hand =) By the way, Moosey is adorable and so is your mommy! The hospital gown doesn't do her justice though...
It's nice that you could find some time to update in the middle of this very busy time of year. I don't know how you manage to do all that you. (That quality seems to run in the family eh?)
It's a no go on Circus Peanuts for me.
The Pledge can dust circle is just too funny!
you mum is cute and that takes a lot of effort to do....wow...hope she is feeling a lot better...and how is it, that you had tepid showers...that is a no no no no no no no no no...our water heater went off a couple of days ago...and I tried to go down there and check for the pilot, and my husband was saying I hope it is the pilot and not the other...well, friday night i was bummed because I wanted to get a hot bath...then Saturday night the same thing....and of course today for church...oh it is way late, so yesterday...he finally went to take a look at it, and WE ALL MISSED CHURCH nobody wanted to shower in cold water! but he fixed it...so that is a huge blesssing. Hope you love the hot hot water...it is truly a luxury--with all your hard work you are going to end up wanting some of those hot baths...
I just "navigated away from the page" and lost my whole flippin comment.....
Those zombie hands are spooky!! I would have to warn anyone who would happen upon it what was going on! Mom does have a great sense of humor, even in the face of adversity and extreme pain. I hope I inherited that!
Moosey is the cutest dog in the world for sure!
Good luck in the final stretch, I wish I were there to help you and you were here to help me! I'm glad you took time to post. Sometimes, even when I think I can't do another thing, I decide to post and even when it is very late (i.e. 2:00am!) I enjoy it. Last night I started a long and involved post about the Designer House project we are starting and did something to erase it. I just couldn't go back, so I invented an easier one. When I was finished it was late, and I realized that what I really was supposed to be doing was paying the bills......oh, dee!
and, I am totally coveting the haul on circus peanuts. Dad might enjoy this too!
Love you.
Circus peanuts are one treat I pass on, and those are rare!
I am still a bit in disbelief about how much your family loves Moose -- she must be one hell of a dog.
I am dying over the zombie photo! I love her sense of humor.
Good luck on the last stretch of costuming!
Luck!
I hope your mom is doing okay, I hate to see her like that. If she is anything like you and your sister she must be a hoot. I'm keeping her in my prayers. Love the pic of the piano. See my sad day on my blog.
I'm so glad to see that Mark has a dog! Did he ever tell you about Shiner? You'll have to ask him to share! I love the wall color...what's it called? Love you and "good luck"!
Moosey is so cute. I love that picture that Sarah captured even though I am not an animal person at all.
That photo of your mom is cute, she has such a good sense of humor.
Uncle Mark is wearing a 'Team Canada' shirt.....i always knew where his loyalties lie *snicker* just kidding, why else would he wear it while painting?? haha
oh and your dog is so sweet :D
I've been away from my computer for so long... I hope I haven't left my comments until too late! Give my love to the alpha Charlotte, she is such a gracious and lovely woman and I'm so happy to know her. Being a family with a dog for the last 18 months I can understand your love of Moosey. She is adorable. Good luck with musical this week, ours is in about three weeks. And where did you find the circus peanuts? I think you are the only other person I know who loves them as much as I do!
At the risk of being unoriginal...
Your dog is adorable!
Also: My spring break visit to Utah will (I hope) result in a visit with Miss Emily (your Emily, not me haha)! If there's anything you'd like delivered that I can take with me and give to them, I would be happy to do so! just shoot me an email.
Okay, I'm tired of waiting, get to a new post!!!!
I can't wait for the wizzard's costume picture!
Post a Comment