Tuesday, April 14, 2009

the dog ate my homework

Okay, my internet has been down for four days now and I feel completely lost to the world! I'm back online now, however, with many things on my mind about which to blog--including, but not limited to:
  • Our ward was dissolved on Sunday and we now find ourselves in a new one.
  • I made cute Easter dresses for Sarah and I.
  • Charlotte and Emily will be home in less than two weeks!
  • My right hand is crippled from all the spray-painting I've been doing.
  • Things are finally falling into place for a fun family get-away in May.
  • I have an appointment with our new bishop tonight.
  • My niece Claire is coming to stay overnight tonight on her way to BYU-I!
  • I'm beginning to get quite a few little "side jobs," sewing, interior design work, etc., which is good for the money's sake, but not-so-good for my sanity/time's sake.
  • I'm in a sewing mood--that is, I would like to sew summer clothes for my kids.
  • Did I mention my crippled hand?--for real.
  • I was so excited about my powder room re-do that I haven't yet blogged about the other awesome gifts I received for my birthday last month, including a new red Blackberry!
  • I need to get caught up on reading everyone else's blogs!
So there you have it--a blogging brain dump. Funny how things that used to seem like luxuries, such as high-speed internet access, are now absolute necessities. Thank heaven mine is up and running again!

9 comments:

Charlotte said...

You're back!! I'm intrigued about your meeting with the new bishop--new calling already??

Karen said...

While changing wards is probably very difficult after so many years of being in the same one, my mother is very thankful to have you in her ward now! I'm glad you got the internet back, I feel so lost without it!

Miranda said...

Oh my gosh are you saying that you made the dress you wore on Sunday? Because it was GORGEOUS. Please, please post a picture of it so that I don't have to keep describing it to people!

paws said...

My hands are crippled from holding Rhea while she eats, sleeps, poops, bathes, plays...

Susan said...

Welcome back!

I've been waiting....I guess I can wait a bit longer for the report/photos on the dresses!

Stay tuned....tuned in, that is!

Pam Chris Heiny said...

The dress was truly fabulous!

shannon said...

I envy you that you are such a great seamstress...I was NOT standing in that line when talents were being handed out in heaven!--

(I actually used airplane galley tape to fix a hem on my uniform one time...how wrong is that?!)

michelle said...

I can't wait to see the dresses you made! A new calling already? And what have you been spray-painting?

I've noticed that internet access definitely is a necessity to me now. I hate it when it's not there!

Jill said...

I hate that lost-feeling that happens when the internet is down. I find myself wandering around thinking of all the things I need to do online.

Oh dear, a new ward and a new calling already, I'm sure I won't be surprised by the big job you get on Sunday!

I want to see what you've been spray painting.