Last night's batch was pretty fabulous, however. My mom decided to throw a new variety into the mix, chocolate cake donuts:
Yes, they were pretty amazing, as is virtually anything that comes from my mom's kitchen.As much as I love the donuts, however, they are the least of things I love about this weekend.
I love that the Priesthood holders in my life honor that sacred trust and take their responsibilities seriously. I love that John, who is now 15 1/2 (and, as you can see stands a good 3-4" taller than his dad) never balks at attending a two-hour Priesthood meeting with his dad and grandpa twice-yearly on a Saturday night. He in fact goes with a smile on his face. I love seeing the men I love in their Sunday clothes.
I love having my sister Patricia here for a visit, and I love that she selflessly did the dishes last night. I had been ironing for about five hours (no exaggeration), then cooking donuts for another hour or so. I was exhausted, but satisfied.
Most of all, I love knowing that the Gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored to the Earth and that I am a part of it. I love knowing that I have a purpose here, I am given direction and guidance, and that the Lord knows me personally and is mindful of my needs. I love knowing that I am sealed to my family for all of eternity. I love knowing that I needn't be afraid in perilous times, I need only hold fast to the Iron Rod and stay true to my faith. I love knowing that other people I love are striving to do the same.



11 comments:
I love every bit of this. (Well, maybe not the 5 hours of ironing part...)
I love Conference weekend so much, and am sad that it hasn't been the same here. We were traveling on Saturday, had guests on Sunday, and haven't been able to watch any of it yet! It's hard to make time for 8 hours of watching when that special weekend is over.
Chocolate donuts?? Recipe, please.
Seriously 5 hours of ironing? I can't imagine ever doing that willingly, it would have to be under extreme duress...as in a prison sentence or something.
Your donut nights look magically wonderful to me! How fun that Patty could be there for this one.
I share your testimony and love for all these things the gospel brings us.
I love all these things, too, and I know that it is because I grew up in a home with parents who did. Thank you so much. I'm so glad that you had a great conference weekend.
And chocolate donuts?! Oh, man.
What a lovely post. I love reading it. Can't wait to see you when you come to help Susan for the Christmas set up.
Thanks so much for commenting on my blog. No, you didn't see it before because I just re-decorated the room, paint and all.
I love it too. Thanks Denise.
Lee
I just opened your blog and my little boy Josh is standing next to me he got all excited and said donuts!!! I want some. so you have very appetizing pictures.
I too loved conference weekend. I Hope we can instill the love of it in our children like you have your children.
I love how great the Gospel makes everything feel. It is such a happy way to live one's life!
Great uplifing messages, delicious donuts, and the ones I love! It was a super weekend. Thanks for sharing your testimony with me and inspiring me to know for sure.
Conference was wonderful, wasn't it? What would we do without the gospel in our lives? And you know what? I thought of you as I sent Steve and Chris out the door for the Priesthood session and I wished I had the energy to make doughnuts!
Thanks for sharing your beautiful testimony! I loved conference! I always do, but this time was the best so far :)
Miss you!
I love that you recapped it so perfectly and that you love the Gospel so much. You are such an inspiration to me and a standard to live up to.
I'm glad you're my best eternal friend and sister. You inspire me.
I could have sworn that I commented on this forever ago! Anyway, I love our family and knowing that we're all on the same page when it comes to the most important things. I love having parents who have brought me up in truth.
And I'm dying over those chocolate donuts.
Post a Comment