Saturday, November 8, 2008

blogger in training

I was in the basement sewing this afternoon when I hear Sarah run in the house through the patio door and fly down the stairs--the urgency in her voice making her words unintelligible. Steeling myself for some woeful tale of misdeeds and/or mistreatment from her brother John (who she had been working with raking leaves in the backyard), I suddenly realized that her tone was one of excitement rather than of injustice. She had my attention now.

"You've got to document this!" she exclaims while urging me from my sewing. "Come on, you've GOT to document all the leaves we raked!"

They single-handedly raked and bagged four large black trash bags-full of leaves. And didn't fight with each other while doing so. And they didn't even whine about doing the job. And they made a point to have me take a photo for "documentation" purposes.

Will wonders never cease?

11 comments:

Serin said...

LOL I love the fact that she said "document". Good job, training her early!

emily said...

I love John and Sarah! I feel like they've both grown up since I've left, and I love it! Sarah will be ready for blogger-hood in no time. :)

michelle said...

Excellent on all counts!

In her quest for documentation, Sarah is a blogger in training for sure. Who knows, it may happen sooner than you think -- Max started his blog when he was 12!

thepostproducer said...

SHAMWOW!

charlotte said...

That had me laughing out loud--I had to read it to Katie. I love John and Sarah :) And I love it that she said "document." This just made my morning.

charlotte said...

And Sarah wearing capris in November?...Go figure.

Jill said...

Perhaps she'll catch the vision of other "chores" if it means you'll document it. I love whine-free work.

Susan said...

A great step in the direction of sibling friends!! Good, productive, and driven perhaps by the thought of the documentation!!

Go, John and Sarah!

I'll be watching for the newest blogger!

I really like it when wonders come along.....

Diana said...

Your kids are so cute. What a perfect title... blogger in training. Kira has asked me to put things on our blog too and she's 4. I can only imagine how well she'll be at documenting things when she's old enough.

Gena said...

You have two awesome kids there. And, plus, neither you or Mark has to deal with all the leaves! And, yes, the "document" comment is a classic.

ps. Utah people, Shamwow has now reached the Mormon lexicon of dread, joining fetch and flip as Utah Mormonisms. All the elders coming from the MTC hiss and make the sign of the cross when anyone mentions it! Too funny.

Gena said...

PPS. I think the ps above came off a little harsh... it was not meant that way... I just think it's funny the things young men are irritated by... go figure... at least people aren't swearing!