After reading
Michelle's post from a couple of weeks ago, I've been thinking that a portrait painted of me would undoubtedly be titled
Woman With List. I live by the power of the list and find satisfaction in writing one.

Sometimes, when I find myself unable to cross many things off of my week's to-do list, I'll add on a few extra things that I've done--just so I can cross them off. Silly, I know, but it's a mind game I like to play.
One such item this week--something that wasn't originally on my list--was making a new blanket for our dog
Moosey. We adopted her from
Jessie last summer and have since fallen completely and entirely in love with her! (So much so that I hardly even notice the little black hairs that are often found on my bedroom quilt.)

Coming from a warmer climate,
Moosey seems a little sensitive to the chillier weather here, especially as the season changes. Last week I stumbled across a crib-sized down comforter that I used for Sarah and John. I decided that, with a cute fleece cover, it would make a nice blanket for
Moosey, who likes to cover herself on her
doggie bed.

She can often be found sleeping like this, completely covered. Occasionally, we don't realize she's in her bed, as she is entirely covered up. I'm not sure how she breathes, but she seems to like it like that.
So, despite my busy week and the myriad of things still undone on my list, I chose to make a
doggie duvet--complete with a zipper for easy removal for washing--this week. Ah--the power of choice!

You'll have to admit, she's pretty darn cute!
9 comments:
I love her with my whole heart!!
She is SO cute! I add things to my list so I can cross them off too! I think everyone secretly does haha.
That's so cute! Jet usually resists being covered up, but a few times last winter I put a square of my knitting over him and he actually let it stay.
She likes to be covered up with a comforter?? Maybe she doesn't know she's a dog. She probably learned that from her co-horts Smeagle and Dobby!
Cute.
She's so cute!! I love that you can just whip up a duvet in an afternoon. Love you!
A doggie duvet?! Jessie definitely found the right family to adopt Moosey!
I forgot to mention how much I love lists, too. So satisfying. (not to mention if I don't have lists I can't remember a thing.)
That is funny!
You have a dog?!?!?
Post a Comment