While I am grateful to have a dedicated work space, it is in an open part of the house and seems to be a magnet for all things that clutter. This photo was taken after the initial phase of cleanup I began last week (in other words, it started out way worse than this would actually indicate):
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
tidying, tidying, here we go!
Inspired by Charlotte's and Emily's recent posts about cleaning, I decided to finish a little tidying of my own yesterday. Even though I had other projects (a.k.a. sewing) that were begging for my time and attention, I decided that a little while spent putting my scrapbook area in order would go a long way in sustaining my sanity.
While I am grateful to have a dedicated work space, it is in an open part of the house and seems to be a magnet for all things that clutter. This photo was taken after the initial phase of cleanup I began last week (in other words, it started out way worse than this would actually indicate):
My desk was littered with everything from uncut school photos and the recent school lunch calendar to unwrapped Christmas gifts and unread mail.
After just an hour or two, voila!
And here's the New and Improved desk. Note the thrift-store mug Charlotte and I found last summer that inspired the name of my blog.
And for those who have been anxiously awaiting a "final" photo of Sarah's room, I confess I almost forgot to post it. Since I'm not really completely finished (and won't be until I make the curtains, matching pillows, etc.) I was going to wait. Judging by the vast amount of projects currently clogging my sewing queue, however, it looks like it's going to be a while until said projects reach completion. So for now:

Restoring order really does restore my sanity.
While I am grateful to have a dedicated work space, it is in an open part of the house and seems to be a magnet for all things that clutter. This photo was taken after the initial phase of cleanup I began last week (in other words, it started out way worse than this would actually indicate):
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


10 comments:
Yay for cleaning! Your scrapbook area looks great--order really does make sanity possible! And I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Sarah's room--so incredibly cute and homey. Love it. Can't wait to see it in person :)
Restoring order does restore sanity, for sure. So why do I resist it so?
Sarah's room looks SO cute! Is that the daybed from Grandma's basement guest suite?
My scrapbook room is the only room in the house that I can handle it being out of order, and that's probably because it's only my stuff and is all stuff I like. I love it when I take the time to organize things and clear some space (I really should do that today) because even a small amount of order adds up to a lot of sanity in here.
Your space looks great! It's fun to see your set-up.
Sarah's room looks great too, is she loving it or what?
Aww I LOVE Sarah's room! It looks so much better and so adoarable! Your scrapbooking area looks pretty great too! You mug made me laugh. You already know but I love thrifting!
Sarah's room looks SO GOOD! I love it! I love the daisy pictures expecially! Where did you get those? I can't believe how much improved that space is now. Sham. Wow. :) The best part is that I get to see it in just 10 days!
And hooray for tidying up! I inherited your love of order, and I know that this week would have been harder if I didn't get to come back to a tidy room after bombing American Heritage tests.
The tidiness question of the day is, however, does Sarah keep her new room any tidier than the last?
Answers to some of the above questions:
1) Yes, Grandma traded me her white iron daybed for my twin/bunk beds--a win/win for me, as she said I could eventually have the twin beds back! We rearranged Grandma's guest suite when Patricia was here a couple of weeks ago and it looks way cute.
2) Sarah is in fact loving her new room! The new, bigger drawers have been a great help in keeping things more tidy, too. She's still a bit messy, but it seems to be a little better.
3) The three gerbera daisy pictures are the same photo (one I took on Emily's 17th birthday) and I Photo-Shopped them with "ink" effect in three different colors, then had them printed in a 12x12 format. The best part is that the middle one covers up the hole in the wall left when we took down that stupid too-high directional metal light that was on the wall.
oh Denise the rooms look so nice. I love organizing and having things organized it's so pleasing to the mind and eye.
Both projects well done, for sure!
I'm sure you feel wonderful. And, finished or not, Sarah's room looks marvelous. I'm sure she appreciates all you have done for her. Do you all still try to do the Crop Shop get togethers?
ummm....I want that scrapbooking room. Nice job de-cluttering. It's a small addiction I have.
Post a Comment