My day didn't get off to a great start, owing in great measure to the three small naps I had to call my night's rest. (Remember the slumber party? The furthest point on Judea's Plains wouldn't have been far enough away for me to have escaped last night.) By the time I managed to Smile-and-Nod the last girl out the door, it was already almost noon. Side note: after completing her weekly chores (with nary a complaint, btw) Sarah had a 5 hour nap--wish I could have done the same!
So in an effort to look at my glass as half-full instead of half-empty-and-how-will-I-ever-catch-up, here's a recap of my Saturday's highlights:
- Told Sarah and her friends at 5 a.m. this morning (and at 1, 2, and 3 a.m.) that No, they couldn't jump on the trampoline, and No, the movie "Scream" would not be appropriate for them to watch (one girl had seen it and said that "It's really not scary or bloody--it's just a guy in a creepy mask sneaking up and killing a bunch of people."
- Finished four of six minor alterations for a sister missionary who leaves for the MTC on Tuesday.
- Went to Penneys with my mom to redeem $10-off coupons; bought John some much-needed everyday shirts. Mom started her Christmas shopping.
- Went with John to an open house for Emily's friend Quanta who leaves for South Africa in less than two weeks. Got to see a few of Emily's friends and enjoyed talking with them.
- Came home to continue endless pile of laundry but, after urgent call from my mom stating that her large, 53-year-old chest freezer had quit working, left home for another couple of hours to buy dry ice at King Soopers and a new chest freezer at Lowe's.
- Put $20 of gas in my car for only $2.23 per gallon. Woo hoo!
- One redeeming point of the day: received fun care package from Charlotte and Emily (isn't it supposed to be the other way around?) filled with Halloween goodness for all! Thanks, girls--well-timed to sooth my frazzled soul.
Ah--the Sabbath awaits. Here's hoping for a much-needed day of rest.


9 comments:
OH, the sleepover. Yes, it's too bad you didn't get a 5-hour nap!
My day was much the same in that I got very little checked off my to-do list, but it was a good day nonetheless.
I love that the girls sent YOU a care package!
Oh dear. I think it's a little unreasonable of you to not let the girls watch scream. I mean, the one girl had some good logic. Haha. I never enjoyed the kids' sleepovers, because it really isn't over until the last kid leaves. I'm impressed that Sarah didn't throw any tantrum today, though! She called me tonight and told me all about her party and how she only slept for 2 hours last night. Eek! She was really pleasant, though. I love when she just gives me or call or sends a text from your phone.
I'm glad you survived the slumber party :) And I loved talking to you last night :) Here's to an extra hour of sleep last night!
Thank you so much for coming last night! It was shamtastic to see you! And thanks for the cute bag and earrings, the polka dots on the bag make it 200 times better!
Haha I can't believe you wouldn't let the girlies watch Scream, it's wholesom family entertainment!
Amen to daylight savings time!
Sounds like a really taxing party, but one that will be long remembered. Good work!
And not the freezer going out! Well, how long could we really expect that thing to keep going?!
It does sound urgent and like a lot of work to empty that thing!
Woes. Whoas. Glad you were there!
Hope today (Sunday) was a well deserved rest. Now on the Monday.
This is making me tired! You needed a 5 hour nap too, I hope you got one on Sunday!
"$2.23 per gallon" -- AWESOME!
I guess Grandma's freezer had to die eventually, but it's strange to think of her having a different one now...
I highly recommend the spooky CD that they put in your care package. Charlotte made me listen to it numerous times and it definitely grows on you. It's appropriate even after halloween!
Post a Comment