Wednesday, December 3, 2008

over the river and through the woods

After a fun-filled holiday week with the girls at home and my brother and his family for Thanksgiving, I hastily packed and fly off to Pennsylvania to help Susan with Christmas set-ups for her wealthy interior design clients. I arrived in the City of Brotherly Love late Sunday night. Poor Susan and Fred had been driving all day in heavy traffic, returning from Jessie's house in North Carolina. As they pulled into the airport to pick me up, however, Fred's car--which had just had a new battery installed last week--died. Wouldn't move. Couldn't roll up the window. Made everyone behind him in the parking garage irritated and inclined to use lewd gestures.
It was 11 p.m. and we were stranded at the airport. This is our sad-airport-face picture.
Approximately three-and-a-half hours later we made it to Susan's house--she and I via taxi, and poor Fred with the tow-truck driver for whom he had waited three hours. Great start to a very busy week.
For a recap of our daily adventures, see Susan's blog. We're attempting to post about our decorating adventures, but thus far have been so exhausted every night that we fall into bed for our 4-5 hours of sleep with nary a moment to post.
Stay tuned.


9 comments:

charlotte said...

Those are sad faces for sure. :( Glad you all made it back safely, and hope your week is going better from how it started!

michelle said...

I could hardly believe that airport tale when Mom recounted it over the phone! What an irritating end to a long travel day. I love that you documented your sad airport faces, though! You two were born bloggers, so glad you finally came around to it.

April said...

How sad about the car battery!!
I read on Susan's blog about the first client, nice lunch! :)
It looks amazing, everything. I hope you get a few more hours of sleep as the week goes on, probably not likely though, huh?
Everyone here missed you and we had a very productive rehersal with Julia. Don't you worry about a thing, it is all going to be great!

Jill said...

What in the world? Poor Fred (and you and Susan too) to have just driven all day and then have to wait 3 hours for the tow-truck driver. I don't think I would have handled that gracefully...think slumped over and sobbing.

I hope you're having a fun week even though you two are working like crazy and not sleeping.

Linda said...

Car problems at the airport, after traveling all day...the worst scenario ever!

Sounds like your working your tail off this week but hope your having fun in the process!

Diana said...

oh that's too sad. Enjoy your week though with Susan.

Paula said...

Having seen Susan's blog, I can see why you would love going back to help her! It all looks marvelous!

Susan said...

I'll do it again if you'll only come back.....

thepostproducer said...

Shame! :(