Wednesday, December 31, 2008
time in a bottle: Christmas Day
It wouldn't be Christmas morning without Hot Punch and homemade Caramel-Pecan rolls!
We were all glad to see that Moosey was in fact on Santa's "Nice" list, and that he didn't forget to leave her something--a new bed and a few toys in her stocking.

After my parents arrived around 9 a.m., we took our time opening gifts. I love unwrapping presents one at a time so we can see what everyone gets. Here, Emily displays the cupcake apron she received from Aunt Susan.
In addition to a long-wished for Nintendo DS, Sarah received some much-needed clothing.
The only gift I made this year was a dress coat in charcoal grey wool for Charlotte. This picture is somewhat blurry, but nevertheless captures her excitement upon opening her gift. Rewarding for me to see!
John was happy to get Guitar Hero World Tour. Here, he is excited to open a thoughtful gift from Charlotte--a guitar music book of one of his favorite bands.
After the gifts were opened, we opted to stay in our pajamas--far more conducive to lounging, watching television, and napping--which was all we did. Later, we enjoyed leftovers from the previous night's buffet. Moosey, unaccustomed to having round-the-clock attention, basked in the plethora of laps and eager would-be scratchers.
Biggest surprise of the day? Mark venturing into the world of self-portraiture.
A day of many treats, surprises, smiles, laughs, and good memories. *sigh* Good times.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


9 comments:
Great pictures! I now leave your blog hungry!
Looks like the Petersen tradition is carried on by all! We had the same fare.
I can just imagine being there with you for your Christmas celebration, it all looks so fun and restful.
It was worth the wait! Thanks.
Great new banner! When did you change it? Did I not notice it last time I commented, or is it new?!
I love the winter version with the Dansko patents!!
Waht a cute little dog. I'd like to meet her!
HI Denise,
It's Lisa, Susan's stalker! Haha. I absolutely loved your blog and was inspired to do one myself. Susan's is wonderful as well. It was great to read about your traditions. I loved meeting you and can't wait until next christmas to decorate together again. You and Susan are a hoot together. Much love in the new year. Lee
Wow, I'm so impressed that you made Charlotte a dress coat! I know you are a primo seamstress, but still it's mighty impressive.
Self-portraiture is addictive, how fun that your husband has joined in.
I love CHarlottes excitement about her coat.
Your Christmas looks so homey and lovely!
I can't believe you made a wool coat!! Varsity sewing team for sure -- I can never see myself being able to tackle such an ambitious sewing project.
I love Mark's self-portrait!
We are on the World Tour ourselves up in Arvada. I must admit I kind of like playing the drums! I agree with Serin and I now feel the need to make some cinnamon rolls.
Post a Comment