Saturday, January 17, 2009

airing my dirty laundry

9 a.m. Saturday morning:

9:05 a.m.:

8 p.m. Saturday night:

8:35 p.m.:

8:42 p.m.:

Oh well. At least I was caught up on laundry for seven minutes.

11 comments:

Bond Girl 007 said...

Amazing. I think every home should have a magical wand and take care of it without us knowing. I finally got my washer fixed. It had broken last march...and before the year begun, we got it fixed. 200. Yikes...The good thing about going to get it done all at once, was that. The bad part of doing it as soon as they are empty...they get filled up again! Ohhhh my. Feels good to actually see it cleared up! Nothing like folded stuff. I remember as a child, my mum would get annoyed by me not doing the whole cycle...meaning if I was getting it out of the dryer or from the garden (hung dry) that I would fold it and leave it on top of the machines...she woiuld say....please take it to everyone's bedroom and if possible for the little ones put it away! NOW I UNDERSTAND!

charlotte said...

I think this is one of my most favorite posts and oh so true. Kudos on being caught up for seven minutes--the glass is definitely half full. :)

Jill said...

I know laundry seems to be a never-ending task, but I don't mind it unless I get way behind on it. Since I'm at home a lot I'm able to do a load or two a day so it never gets crazy. Of course, I don't iron anything unless absolutely necessary (gasp) so I guess I'm sort of a slacker laundress.

Jill said...

Do John and Sarah ever do laundry? I was just talking to a friend from church who read a book called Parenting Breakthrough (from Deseret Book) and has since taught her two oldest kids (ages 9.5 and 8) to do their own laundry. Interesting no?

paws said...

Wow! That's impressive. Our washer is broken, too (no spinning). :(

My mom taught us all how to do laundry pretty early on. I'm not sure how old I was, though.

Linda said...

My husband thinks that if he doesn't hear the washing machine going, he's in the wrong house! It's a never ending job!

michelle said...

I love this post!

The photo documentation is what really drives it home. Seven minutes sounds about right for being caught up on laundry, a never-ending job...

Susan said...

One of the blessings of getting older is that this is no longer an issue!.....my laundry is often caught up! Of course, two lowly people don't add up to much laundry!

Ironing is theraputic for me.

Denise said...

Jill--No, I haven't yet taught my two youngest kids (10 and 15) to do the laundry. I probably should. Part of me thinks how un-economical it would be to do many smaller loads instead of fewer large loads. I have, however, started teaching them how to iron! :)

April said...

A mother's never-ending battle. Oh how I hate laundry...speaking of which, that is really what I should be doing now instead of surfing the web....oh well...it's not going anywhere, right?

Miranda said...

I have dreamed of having a "laundry center" like that. *sigh* how lame is that to dream about a beautiful place to do laundry?