As one of my favorite Mary
Engelbriet sayings goes,"Time flies--whether you're having fun or not!" This week has flown by, leaving me feel like I haven't accomplished much in its wake. Being the list person that I am, perhaps I'll feel better if I document a few of the things I did accomplish.
- While shopping for an interior design client (a.k.a. my boss's wife) I found my 2009 word in a packet of scrapbook embellishments. I found a home for it in my work area and like the cheerful green reminder.
Talked to Charlotte and/or Emily one or more times every day this week. Yes, I actually took a SP while doing so once.
Documented Sarah's new haircut! Jacquelyn cut it--at Sarah's request--in a much shorter style. I'm a fan, as it's not only cute, but also much easier to take care of. Here's the Before:

During:

. . . and After:

Ta
Dum!
Disclaimer: I hate my shower curtain, just so you know.- I spent a day designing and hanging a family photo collage at the above-referenced client's house. They were out of town, so it was nice to have it be a fun surprise for them when they returned home. The wall is fourteen feet long and the collage will soon have a large sofa underneath it. I was pleased with the result, especially because my boss's wife was so pleased! (Their last name is Davis--hence, the "D.")

Started gathering costumes for the musical I'm costuming at the high school this year, Once Upon a Mattress. Don't worry, the scary dragon head will not be part of the cast. I usually sew a lot of the costumes, but with a fairytale/princess theme it will actually be less expensive to rent most of them this year, a relief, I must admit.
I love Linda, the owner of my favorite costume shop Marcia's, because she's so helpful and lets us take a carload of things to try on the kids before committing to rent them. I made her pose for a photo.
This one's a biggie: I actually cooked real dinners almost every night this week. I tried new recipes, resurrected a few favorites, and generally felt like a Good Mom. Unfortunately, the only meal I thought to document was tonight's Dumb Dinner Night (a Wood family tradition of sorts). I made homemade caramel corn, buttered corn, and sliced some apples on the side for good measure.
Note Sarah's technique of using latex gloves to combat the stickiness of candied corn. It made me smile.
So there you have it! I guess I did accomplish a few things, after all.
10 comments:
Geez you're lazy Denise.
I LOVE IT! I love you and I love your life! Luckily, I just found a picture of our house with Dad's truck outside on Google maps satellite images (creepy, yes, but so nice to see our street again!) or i would have been blue to read about your Wood Family day to day life. I also LOVE Sarah's hair!
I love this :)
Sarah's hair is SO cute!! She looks so grown up!
I love Dumb Dinner Night.
I love Sarah's avoidance of the sticky aspect of caramel corn.
I love my family, and I love knowing what's going on back home. :)
This looks like a productive and busy week to me!
How delightful to have your word for the year sitting so attractively on your shelf of embellishments, I love it!
The photo wall looks so great. I've been wanting to change some things in our family room lately and this scene may be just the inspiration I need.
Caramel corn for dinner sounds great to me! I'm not a fan of sticky hands, but I'd rather eat from them than taste latex...ew!
I like doing this exercise when I've been feeling under-productive as well. It usually does the trick!
I love your self-portrait while talking to the girls -- darling. And it's fun to see your kitchen.
Sarah's hair is so cute!
The photo wall turned out really well, I'm sure they will be so surprised and pleased.
Making dinner every night is a big accomplishment! I haven't cooked since Sunday because Marc has been at the Sundance film festival all week.
Eating caramel corn with latex gloves is hilarious! While I wouldn't do it now, I just might have when I was her age -- if I'd thought of it!
Sarah looks way too grown up with her hair cut that way; too cute! I love reading your blog and being reminded that I should be taking more pictures in my life!!!
Ah, yes! I thought Michelle would approve of the glove action for carmel corn! (I wish I had some right now.....)
Sarah's hair is cute! Is the first photo of you talking to the girls your new do as well? I like it!
The photo wall turned out great and it looks likethey room to "build up" or rather you do!
Great work! Now raise your rates!
Very nice recap of a productive week. I worked late every single night trying to get my office ready to move, but I don't really feel very accomplished....what is it about that, anyway?
And I just noticed the label! You give too much credit. Love you.
oh my i get weak in the knees for caramel popcorn...but have never thought in the whole wide world to eat it with gloves.....you did accomplish a lot. I loved the comment about your curtain....hehehehehhe...We have a curtain rod on top of the shower curtain to put a real curtain, well the one I have hangs very long on the floor, and my husband takes it off..when he takes the kids to bathe, and I put it back on, he has taken it off three times, and I have put it up four times...what is this childs play? i just refuse to have the transparent curtain there sitting all alone........sorry I went on a tangent.....
I'm so jealous you did so much. Kudos to you my friend. You are a mentor to many like me. Lee
Wow Sarah looks great. I love her new look. I took about 3 or so inches off of Kira's hair last week because it was past her bum but its still so long. I just love her hair and I love long hair on little girls so I probably won't cut it as short as Sarah's until she has more of a say in her hair :)
I love your "Remember" that is a great word and it looks so nice in your work space.
Post a Comment