We didn't have a big party or a fancy cake. We did what we always do--and enjoy doing on Sunday--attend church and have dinner together.One of our Sacrament Meeting speakers talked about the importance of keeping the Sabbath Day holy, and the strength that comes from doing so. I experienced such a wave of gratitude for my parents, for their steadfastness, for their teaching me correct principles. I am so grateful that I have never doubted their commitment to the Savior or the depth and strength of their testimonies. They have provided for me such a sure foundation of faith, one which has been a strength to me my entire life.
I have never doubted their love for me. The strength of their love makes me feel safe and secure, even as an adult. I feel so blessed to be a part of their everyday lives now and try not to take that blessing for granted.
Thanks, Mom and Dad. Thank you for staying married through good times and bad. Thank you for standing by me through good times and bad. Thank you for showing the world that two people can stay faithfully and happily married for 65 years. I love you both.


8 comments:
How perfect is it that I could be the first to comment!!
Amen to all that you said. It is amazing to me to see and hear Mother tell us how she is more in love now than she ever has been! She really is the epitome of unconditional love, as is Daddy. They serve each other, they love each other, they care for each other. to quote one of Patricia's songs, "I think they're secretly in love"!.......
Darling pictures of them and I'm so happy that you have paid this tribute to them . I feel exactly the same. Thank you for taking care of them. You are the finest daughter they could ever ask for.
I love the whole bunch of you!
It must be wonderful to sit with them in church each week and to have them over for dinner each week as well. What a blessing for your family! I know your parents are fountains of wit and wisdom, along with being great examples to everyone who sees them. I feel blessed to have spent time with your mother while we were in Nantucket, and have also benefited from her goodness through my relationship with Michelle. She talks about her often and clearly adores her.
How wonderful to have parents that are such an inspiration and show a fine example of what marriage should be. They both sound incredible. Congratulations to them both.
They are the cutest grandparents on the planet! It IS such a blessing to grow up in a home where love is freely expressed and shared. Their example keeps me going.
I love them so much!! I feel so blessed to have grown up with both of them so close by. It is truly amazing to have the relationship with them that I do.
I love your parents too. I know I am not family and so I hope that is ok!
I really love what Charlotte said in Relif Socitey on Sunday. After you announced that it was their 65th anniversary, she said "I think we will try and make it work!" I am still laughing when I think about it!
oHHHH my goodness. This is awesome. I think they both look good and it is probably an expression of how well they feel inside. What a tribute to life to love to family to self to everything we are to be and do in this life. Congratulations
So Sweet.
Post a Comment