Thursday, October 2, 2008

Like Jill said. . .

"What the?. . ." This is what is going on directly outside of my house today:

Yes, that is my driveway. And this is the view from my kitchen window:

It's a good thing Mark has a four-wheel drive vehicle, as that four foot wall of dirt blocking the driveway could pose a problem in getting into the garage. Hmm. And tonight would be the night I've got the missionaries and my parents coming for dinner.

7 comments:

michelle said...

What the?? for sure! Didn't they give you any notice or anything? Where are you and your guests supposed to park?

Your labels always make your blog that much more fun to read.

Denise said...

They did tell us that they would be working on the sewer lines, but they didn't tell me that my driveway would be blocked and that I would be unable to get my car out! Thank goodness piano lessons were yesterday.

As for the dinner guests, let's just hope the workers move some more of that dirt in the next half hour. This whole scene is really going to throw my dad for a loop!

Jill said...

What a pain. The front of our house looked like that the first 3 weeks of the school year (which was really convenient timing) and tonight the road in front of the big sports park where we play football was closed off. Um hello...hundreds of cars needed to get in there.

Serin said...

Hope your dinner worked out despite the unexpected mountains of dirt!

charlotte said...

Seriously?! That's ridiculous. Stuff like that totally throws me off and usually puts me in a not-so-good mood. Hope that clears up soon. Good grief.

Susan said...

I'm sorry, but this sort of thing just makes me mad! It seems more than just consideration to let some know that this inconvenience will be occurring--I mean, it should be some kind of necessity that you have notice. Life goes on and we must use our driveways! That is just maddening.

My store is being painted on the exterior (long past due!) I'm going to post some of the progress....but yesterday, my landlord came over to ask if it would be okay for the painters to be there during the day with a large crew. I said it would not be a good day, as we are having a huge sale (seriously huge!) and expect loads of customers in the front door all day! He agreed. In about two hours, I drove by the front of the store and there was a painter on a ladder BLOCKING the front door! What the?????I had to try to cool down before asking them to please wait for another day!

I'm anxious to hear the results.

Diana said...

why are they doing this?