Friday, October 10, 2008

true confessions

While I usually love to iron during the Saturday session of General Conference, I opted this year to tackle a pile of sewing alterations I had been needing to do. The only ironing I actually did was a small pile of t-shirts (now there's a true confession right there--I actually iron jeans and t-shirts) and white Sunday shirts for John and Mark.

Which means that--in answer to yesterday's post--I did in fact a) manage to open the hood of my car in the parking lot of Sam's Club, jiggle a wire near the battery, and then start my car, and b) go to the gym with my friend Rachelle (also Charlotte's best-est bud from high school) and use not only the treadmill, but also an elliptical machine and a stationary bike--and actually enjoyed myself! For real. Thanks, Rachelle.

On a side note, Rob (my employer of nearly two years and a former BYU football player) responded, when I told him of my gym experience, "What shoes did you wear?" I think he was seriously wondering how pointy-toed, patent leather shoes would work on an elliptical.

And here's the proof!

9 comments:

michelle said...

Nice job! I enjoy going to the gym as well. I let my membership expire because it just seemed like one more expense and it was hard to get there with my young kids. Now I exercise at home, but I think I liked the gym better.

I am truly impressed that you got your car started!

Jill said...

I am anti-ironing...can we still be friends?

charlotte said...

I am so proud of you! And of course you wore tennis shoes--seriously. And total kudos on the car.

Wayne said...

Sweet guns Denise!

April said...

I am glad you had fun. Next time you guys go, give me a call. I always need excuses to escape my 3 little shadows!

Susan said...

Great going at the gym!! And the comment your boss made is too funny! I guess he's having a difficult time imagining designer tennys! My staff gives me a hard time about my shoes almost daily. I can climb on a ladder in heels just fine!

And, great photo of the venetian gold kitchen! I love that color.

Keep up the good work!

Katelyn Ann(e) said...

Sister Wood!!!! yay for your blog :0)

Bond Girl 007 said...

good for you. there is nothing like accomplishing a hard task. bythe waywhat size shoe are you? i thinki spotted cute sparkly flipflops...

Diana said...

good for you.