Friday, October 24, 2008

Ta-Dum!

Look how far we've come in one week! I guess it's not the final "Ta-Dum," because I don't have the furniture, bedding, etc. in yet. But considering where we were with the leopard print floor last week at this time, I feel quite accomplished.

As a reminder, here is a close-up of what the entire floor looked like last Friday night:


This is Mark working in the closet last week. Note the hideously dirty bucket of water, which incidentally had already been emptied five times previously.

This is what the floor looks like tonight, after mopping one last time. Whew! Now we're ready to move the furniture back in tomorrow, and evict Sarah from the girls' room and the dining room. Her stuff seems to have migrated everywhere.

Here's hoping for a productive and long Saturday!

12 comments:

charlotte said...

That is impressive! I can't wait to see it in person! And I love your "Mark Is My Hero" label.

Wayne said...

Looks great!

emily said...

Oh my gosh! That looks Shamtastic! I literally gasped in awe when I first saw the gleaming floor. Love it! I can't wait to see the finished product; it already looks so cozy and cute. :)

paws said...

Can't wait to see the final "ta-dum." What an improvement!

April said...

Wow!! Since I actually saw that floor in person, I am so amazed and impressed. It really looks great. I can see why you put "Mark is my hero"!!

thepostproducer said...

Yay! Emily's right, the floor really does gleam! :)

michelle said...

What I wouldn't give to pull up my old carpets and find a floor like that underneath! (even if it was leopard-spotted) The Mark is my hero label is awesome.

Jill said...

Congratulations! I'm so glad those spots came off with elbow grease.

Susan said...

This is reminding me of some of the designer showrooms that we have turned into a gem when we started with a pit!! Yea! Way cool!

And for the record, I saw about a dozen or so fabulous area rugs at Market this last week that would be the perfect thing to finish off the room! Let me know if you want to see any!

I figured from the lack of posts that the project had you preoccupied!

Way to go, Mark!

Denise said...

Yes, Susan! I want to see rugs! We just got her bed in the room tonight and we all agreed that an area rug is just what the room needs. Please advise!

Kathy B. said...

Mark is my hero, too! I have soooo many jobs just waiting for him and his perseverance! Let me know when you want to come to Canada...I could pay you in Smarties and Old Dutch potato chips :)

Diana said...

oh my goodness that's a beautiful floor. Keep up the good/hard work.