Wednesday, October 1, 2008

workman's comp

Workman's Comp is the kind of insurance your employer carries to insure against injury at the workplace. I'm wondering if the startling appearance of an unexpected and very large, hairy spider, and subsequent squishing of said spider will qualify me for benefits.

Keep in mind, this photo was taken after I had squished it, so it really was bigger than it even appears here. I was sorting through stacks of old blueprints and moving the prints from a file drawer to the floor to a trashcan and look what crawled out! Thankfully, my Amazing Mom Skills allowed me to dispose of it with only moderate horror and trepidation.

Sorry Jill, but I just had to post this one with the smudge of guts on the paper. (I killed it by putting the mercifully thick, folded set of plans on top of it and then stepping on the plans.)
I don't even want to know how or when the horrid spider got there, or if it has friends and family members lurking nearby. I just don't want to know. Thank heavens I had my camera in the car!

10 comments:

michelle said...

Those Amazing Mom Skills really come in handy! I'm loving all of this photo-documentation, Denise.

Serin said...

LOL and EWW!

charlotte said...

So so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so gross. Every part of my being recoils at those photos.

emily said...

GROSS! I hate squishing spiders because I hate the feeling of them under my feet. Vacuums are my prefered disposal method. Way to go!

Denise said...

I'm afraid this one would have clogged the vacuum, Emily. . . .

Susan said...

Well, I will only say that I am anxiously awaiting Jill's comment!

That's a lot worse than I was expecting (having been given a heads-up earlier today to check the post)!

Good work. I think I'll show it to my employees so they won't feel so bad about what is expected around Black-eyed Susan!

That would have been pretty cool in macro!

Jill said...

I feel queasy, so very queasy.

Jill said...

Clogged the vacuum?? I need some smelling salts, things are getting fuzzy.

Diana said...

gross gross gross oh so gross. it's furry how gross

Bond Girl 007 said...

jill is funny...i think i am seconding her....ayayayayyy that is one sight i do not wish to live...actually...for the very first time, we drive through a canyon small to go and come from my house and a couple of nights ago, i stoped at the light, but was too at the front, but i spotted a tarantula like size spider and couldn't back up to see it better (a car behind me) but i have never seen anything like it in california...or 3 miles awayfrom my home....yiacs...sorry about the misspellings...keyboard is a nuisance.