Wednesday, September 24, 2008

blogging fears realized

I used to always think it was funny when a blog post would begin, "Sorry I haven't posted much lately. . . ." I mean, isn't your blog mainly written for you, so why apologize to an invisible group of would-be readers? I now understand that underlying apologetic feeling. "Sorry my life is pretty mundane and my brain so tired that I can think of nothing of interest or great worth to share today. Sorry I don't have a million fun links, or a constantly evolving banner, or some fresh idea to light the world on fire. Not today."

A few major stumbling blocks that kept me from starting a blog in the first place are that I was afraid I:
  • wouldn't always have the time to post frequently.
  • wouldn't have sufficient items of interest about which to post.
  • would fret too much about my writing, trying to craft the perfectly-written piece.
  • would get bored with the layout, but frustrated in trying to change it.

Well, I'm there. Bear with me, and I'm sure I'll eventually stumble onto something sufficiently motivating.

6 comments:

Diana said...

I feel that way a lot with my blog. I'll keep checking your blog I really enjoy reading it.

charlotte said...

I love reading your blog and your thoughts and will read whenever you post :)

Jill said...

Don't be crazy Denise, your blog has been a delight from the get-go, you're a natural blogger. Don't feel like you need to have specific things to write about, just the day-to-day bits of life prove interesting enough, plus you'll end up with a great record of your life.

If you can't think of anything at all to write about, you can always Google the word "Meme" and find plenty of blog fodder that way.

michelle said...

Not to worry!

It IS your blog, after all. It's darling, and it's very entertaining. And there is no quota whatsoever for posting. Your loyal readers will delightedly read whatever you post, whenever you feel like posting it. As Jill and I like to say, "It's no big whoop."

Miranda said...

Helloooooo...I did not even know you HAD a blog. Don't worry, I get the blog blues like...hourly. Also, I have to answer to Zayley's grandparents if I don't post, but I refuse to apologize!

Melissa Marilyn said...

I'm right there with ya babe! At least you post more often than I do and your banner is MUCH cuter!