Sunday, September 21, 2008

going whole hog: blackberry style

After a shameful week of no photo documentation and an embarrassingly obvious suggestion to use my cell phone, it still took me until Mark returned home to figure out how to transfer the photo from my Blackberry to my computer (my cell phone plan doesn't allow me to email pictures--I already thought of that). Anyway--here's the lone photo from my week: my friend Pat (a man in my ward with a catering business) serving up a whole, smoked pig at the invitation-only event he hired me to help with.

Perhaps the most amusing part of the evening came when one party go-er stood looking--awestruck--at the whole pig and asked where we ever found an eggplant that large. Now, I've never seen an eggplant of this magnitude, let alone one with ears and a snout, but then again there was an open bar, so maybe that had something to do with his skewed assessment of the serving presentation.

The best news of the weekend was that, not only did I bring home a nice wad of cash at the end of Friday's event, but also Mark received a merit-based (and completely unanticipated) large bonus during his business trip/conference! Woo hoo! Additionally, Emily sent me a text message informing me that she received a 75 cent raise that day.


All-in-all a good day on the economic home front.

9 comments:

charlotte said...

It was a Shamtastic day on the economic home front!!

Diana said...

The cash looks so appealing. I want to take it and run to Target!
Congrats on Mark's bonus that is such good news!

paws said...

An eggplant?! So funny.

I must say the pig doesn't look too appetizing, although all that fresh fruit does. It's my one pregnancy craving.

thepostproducer said...

Haha eggplant...

Serin said...

I agree with paws ... on the appealing fruit, but NOT on the pregnancy craving part of it (yikes!)

Hooray for the money flow!

Serin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jill said...

Now that you mention it, it does look like the world's largest eggplant. Too funny.

Score on 3 financial blessings in one day!!! I sure could use some like that.

Susan said...

Sounds like a great day! woohoo!! Glad to see someone else thinks like Carol,regarding the eggplant!

Yea, for Emily and her raise as well! Thank heavens for Timm's connections!

michelle said...

Whaaaaat?? An eggplant? Yeah, I'm thinking the open bar definitely had something to do with that...

Wonderful about Mark's bonus! And the wad of cash isn't too shabby either. Go, Emily!

p.s. I didn't know you had a Blackberry! Are you one of those crackberry types??