Saturday, September 13, 2008

end of an era

It finally happened. As I was walking quickly out of the post office early Wednesday morning, rushing to make my next stop--Costco--before hurrying home to meet my sister and her client, my favorite EVER and most comfortable pair of summer sandals broke. My rhinestone flip-flops--broken beyond repair! I had to walk, lopsided, out to my car with one shoe off and one shoe on. This time I really could have qualified for the handicapped placard.
Adding insult to injury, I not only had to return home--even though I was already three-fourths of the way to Costco, but also drive barefooted, as my broken sandal happened to be my right one. I hate driving barefoot.

I knew that my time was growing short with my beloved shoes, as I had already had to mend the holes in the sole with duct tape, but I was simply not prepared for this sudden loss. For now I can only hope to find sandals this stylish and comfortable by next summer. Farewell.

7 comments:

michelle said...

You have a foot dragging blog label! That's just funny.

Not that I'm making light of your loss -- it's dang hard (for me anyway) to even find a comfortable pair of cute sandals! And I would have been plenty mad about having to go home without finishing what I went out to do, as well.

charlotte said...

I'm sorry :( I hate it when cute shoes are no more. Well, at least you could justify the use of the handicap placard. And at least it's the end of the summer.

Susan said...

Sad,sad,sad, very sad! SOOOOOO sad, WAY sad, SAD!!!

That being said, we'll look for another pair as a replacement!

Diana said...

I am so sorry. That is so sad. And I hate driving barefoot also.

thepostproducer said...

Sad =(

Jill said...

I have no doubt that Susan will find you an even better pair of rhinestone flip flops!

The frustration involved with this story had to be lessened by the fact that you could blog about it right? You're a natural.

Bond Girl 007 said...

Oh Jill is funny...and hey if you do find one, let me know where...I have been wanting crystals too! Oh...too bad...I am sadden when the best favorite shoes goooooo.....