Well, the assigned project part never really took off, but I have been getting together with my friends on a regular basis--every four to six weeks--at our favorite local Crop Shop. I look forward to these nights, as some of the friends in the group don't live close by, and this is one of the few times I get to see and spend time with them. We usually get dinner at the nearby Chipotle, and have a typical scrapper's stash of plentiful diet drinks and M&Ms.
Melissa, a long-timer, was not feeling photogenic, but humored me as I tried to snap a group shot. I still need practice with larger self-portrait groups, as evidenced by the missing part of her head below:We didn't stay as late as we sometimes do (we have been known to stay as late as 2 or 3 a.m.), and I didn't really accomplish as much as I had hoped to this time, but I realized that a large part of the enjoyment of this monthly get-together is the friend therapy. I also realized, with much gratitude, that I have incredible friends. The three who attended with me last night (as well as Janice, the one who wasn't able to make it) are all women I could count on for anything--the kind you know in your heart would do anything for you. How many of those kind of friends should one person be allowed to have?
I'm a pretty lucky girl.


8 comments:
How much fun! I miss crop nights :( You look so pretty in all of your SPs, as does everyone else! What a pretty group of girls! I love realizing that I have great friends--it's a true blessing. Love you!
That sounds so fun! I'm glad you convinced my mom to be in a SP, now maybe I can convince her too!!
Yes, the friend therapy is the most important part! But the diet Coke and m&ms don't hurt. Lucky Melissa -- my favorite self-portraits are the ones in which only a portion of my face is showing...
And you are a pretty lucky girl. Four friends you know would do anything for you? Blessed.
I love your self-portraits! I love the hilarity that ensues when trying to take group self-portraits especially!
It's so great to have good girlfriends to get together with, especially when you can share your hobbies too.
Amen on the friends. On a blog that I share with several friends, someone posted this Virginia Woolf quote, ""Some people go to priests; others to poetry; I to my friends.” - Yeah.
This post makes me want to make more time for friends! Now that I've taken over the retail responsibilites of my store, along with the design division I have even less time for friends! But I think I will have to make this a goal and priority. Sneelock is a pretty good friend who helps me in all things. Thank heavens!
I think you're getting pretty darn good at the self portrait thing. I'm not sure how to do that! I guess I'll have to make that a goal as well.....
Nice post!
how exciting to get together with friends, and this SPT thing is really contagious...because it beats the 'FORMAL' so boring photo. Too bad your other friends, lovely eyes didn't make it. You look adorable.! I love you hair.
Jill-hilarity did ensue, especially when looking at the pics that could have made it on the blog. I'm grateful for friends who don't post bad pics of me!
I too am generously blessed in friends and am grateful every day.
Thanks for a fun night Denise!
Post a Comment