Sunday, September 7, 2008

See--I'm not the only one

I've been fighting the blues today, missing the girls and not looking forward to Mark being out of town this week for business. I'm not even used to just four yet, and now Mark's departure makes three. I've been trying to keep my chin up, as my mood seems to effect those of everyone else at home (one of the more burdensome tasks as a mother, that of Mood Maker).


I was doing fairly well until John came up while I was making dinner, and with a teary look in his eye said, "I missed hearing blow dryers when I woke up this morning!" Who knew that a fourteen-year-old boy would miss the sound of his sisters styling their hair on Sunday morning.


The bathroom does look a little empty without the customary tangle of appliance cords.

On a brighter note, I was getting a package ready to send the girls and was thinking I'd use my cute Good Mail labels from Jill, but wishing they said "Mom" instead of "Denise." Lo and behold, what to my wondering eyes should appear in Friday's mail, but a cute card with a sweet note and a little bag of "Good Mail from Mom" labels! Thanks, Jill--you're not only very thoughtful, but apparently a mind reader as well.

9 comments:

michelle said...

That comment from John is absolutely darling -- he is such a tenderheart. Who knew he would miss that indeed?

Jill IS both thoughtful and a mind-reader. I knew that.

Good luck with the blues while you're a family of 3...

michelle said...

p.s. it's so true about the mother being the Mood Maker -- an onerous task some days.

charlotte said...

Oh, what John said made my heart hurt :( And mind-readers truly are amazing; I'm glad Jill read yours. :)

Linda said...

I love Jill's good mail labels but never thought to have some made saying "good mail delivery from mom"...great idea!

emily said...

That's so sad what John said. I miss our bathroom, and it's cheerful shower curtain. :( It is still weird for me that there are only four of you at home now. At least the bathroom looked really clean! I can get through almost anything if I have a clean bathroom.

Diana said...

Jill is so very thoughtful.
John is so cute. I love his comment.

Jill said...

The mood-maker aspect of motherhood can be very daunting, I don't always handle it very well.

John's comment is one of the sweetest things ever!

I'm so, so delighted that you were wishing you had good mail from mom labels! Woohoo.

I think you should view Mark's departure this week as free time. You can blog more, scrapbook, write notes, watch chick flicks, bake or read a good book in bed for hours.

Bond Girl 007 said...

no way! THAT IS funny! I was thinking I am going to let Jill know...not that she doesn't read your blog, but just a thought...she is right on....wow. Sweet post!

Bond Girl 007 said...

Jill always has a way of using time creatively!