Wednesday, September 3, 2008

finding my groove

Nothing like a busy life to yank me out of the doldrums. Sarah's 10th birthday is tomorrow (I've always lamented the close proximity to Charlotte's birthday) and I've been staying up late trying to finish her "10 Things" album. I've chosen a pink and orange color scheme which, coincidentally, coordinates with the palette we've chosen her bedroom makeover (that will be her main gift this year, but we're just starting the project--hopefully it will be finished by Halloween!).

I only got teary-eyed once yesterday, which is progress. I did catch myself, however, when I was making a mental list of the many things I still have to do to get ready for Sarah's birthday, and I thought, 'Oh, I'll get Emily to make the cookies for Sarah to take to school on her birthday.' Yeah, right. Guess I'll have to make them myself. {sigh}

Life goes on, and I'm gradually getting back into my--new and revised--groove. More to follow.

6 comments:

michelle said...

Being busy is a sure cure for the blues. I love your 10 things albums! Pink and orange is such a happy combination. Hey, you can take homemade treats to school? We're not allowed, so I bought Reese's peanut butter cups for Lucas's.

Diana said...

Good progress Denise. It's ncie you still have 2 kids at home and your work to keep you busy. Once again I love your 10 things albums I wish I was the creative scrapbooking type so I could make them :)

Jill said...

Congratulations on only getting teary once yesterday, that's progress!

I think your 10 things album idea is pure genius, what a personal gift.

Hang tough lady!

emily said...

I can't tell you how much I wish I were there to make the cookies. I can't think about it though. I'll make cookies again someday. :)

April said...

Oh, I hate that you are so sad...I need to come over and cheer you up... but until I have this baby I am not really the one who is full of cheer.
Good progress on only tearing up once, it will get better (for everyone involved):)

charlotte said...

I'm glad the busyness is keeping you from being too blue :) And being teary only once is definitely progress! I believe in you!