One thing I do have in my glove box that many people my age do not is a handicapped parking placard, courtesy of my 81-year-old mother and her failing eyesight and bad knees. When she obtained the parking pass a few years ago she was given two--one for her car and one for mine, since I often take her about town in my car. I admit there have been many times I have been glad to have that permit when we're out running errands, allowing us the advantage of greater availability and more convenient parking spots. I never use the permit unless she is with me, as that would not be honest or fair.
Well, at least I never have until last Friday.
I had to make a stop at a County office on my way home from work to pick up some papers. It was a drizzly day. I had on pointy-toed shoes that were cute, but starting to cramp my toes. It was slightly chilly and I had no coat. I was running late. There were no parking spaces that weren't a half-mile away. I was a desperate woman. And I did it.
I debated whether or not to limp out of the car up to the building, possibly making would-be onlookers sympathetic and less judgemental. I didn't.
Just had to get it off my chest. It won't happen again.


10 comments:
LOL Denise, I especially like the label of "criminal acts". I guess if that is the worse you do, and you confess it on the internet, you will be ok...but only because you blogged about it!
lol, too!
I doubt that you will go to he;; for that :) Any chance we can get together for a few precious minutes this week?
How funny is it that you have a criminal acts label for your blog??
I am a fan of the "criminal acts" label, and I've been trying to get you to abuse the handicap placard forever. (Granted, I am the one who hit the pedestrian....) Welcome to the world of misdemeanors.
LOL love the confession!
That's so funny Denise. I'm glad you could get it off your chest.
That's too funny.
Is it wrong that I'm relieved that your cute shoes were starting to cramp your toes? It's just that I never wear really stylish shoes because of the pain and have assumed cute girls don't feel the pain.
I just can't stop laughing. That is a great story, I am glad you shared. I have mentioned that I love that you blog now?! It is great.
Like Charlotte, I have lamented your upright character in that you never abused the placard when we've been together. My only regret now, is that I wasn't there! Glad you confessed online. Do you feel better? Ha ha!
funny...I did that probably once or twice, after my husband had back surgery. It was the same thought process...should i LOOK like I need help? but then I thought, we as probably you...have had soo many services helping our loved ones through their ordeals..that we have earned probably a little one or two freebies....don't feel bad!
Post a Comment